Once we have a clear understanding of your requirements you will receive a selection of properties that match your criteria.
Finding the right property
We will then keep you updated via email and telephone on any new properties that match your needs as they become available.
Once you have made your decision and chosen a property we will put your offer forward to the Landlord including any specific requirements you may have.
All costs quoted are inclusive of VAT & subject to the terms and conditions of an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement.
Once your offer has been agreed a holding deposit capped at one weeks rent is required.
What happens next?
We will arrange the following:
- request you complete an application form.
- guide you through the referencing process.
- keep you up to date on progress.
- complete the tenancy agreement and all associated paperwork
- collect the initial move in monies.
The Referencing Process
All prospective Tenants are required to undergo reference checks by a professional referencing agency as Landlord’s always seek reassurance about the Tenants suitability. The referencing agent will contact you directly and some or all of the following documents may be required:
- References from previous landlords – you may be asked to give the details of where you have lived within the last 3 years
- A credit check – this will allow them to see if you have a good history of paying your bills
- Your bank details – including bank name, account number and sort-code
- Details of your employment – your employer, job title, payroll number, salary, previous employer, etc.
You will also be asked to verify your identity and current address requesting you provide two original identification documents (not photocopies faxes or internet printouts):
- Identity: either a current and valid full passport (certified copies must show nationality, place and date of birth, passport number, expiry date, photograph and signature) or photographic driving licence (both parts).
- Home address: for example a household utility bill (eg gas, electric, water or fixed line telephone but not a mobile phone bill). It must be no more than three months old and show your name and current address.
Depending on the outcome from the referencing company for example your earnings or overall financial position may require you to provide a Guarantor. The guarantor will be required to undergo credit referencing – to ensure they have sufficient earnings to cover the overall rent commitments in the event that you, as the tenant, are unable to pay your rent.
To comply with the Money Laundering Regulations 2007, Bowes Mitchell reserve the right to use an on line anti money laundering service to verify the identity of a customer.
Electronic Verification does not require consent prior to a search taking place but does require notification. Electronic Verification leaves a non credit footprint of the search history on the customers credit file.
The Tenancy Agreement
A copy of the Agreement is always available, which Tenants should read thoroughly then raise any questions or queries before moving in.
Move In Monies
Before you move in we require cleared funds in our account. This consists of:
- first month’s rent (less the holding deposit)
- Security deposit (capped at 5 weeks rent).
Your Security deposit will be secure and protected in a government backed scheme as Bowes Mitchell are members of The Tenancy Deposit Scheme to satisfy this legal requirement. Non managed deposits should be registered by the Landlord normally with The Deposit Protection Service or one of the other government backed schemes.
Most properties have a related schedule of condition & contents, which is generally known as an Inventory which prepares for the end of the Tenancy at the beginning!